Important: Have you completed the market and keyword research steps of the previous chapter? It is important to get that done before continuing with this chapter.
Ladies and gentlemen,
Once you have come up with between 5-10 keywords related to your business it is time to work on optimising your website. In the SEO world this is referred to as on-page SEO factors.
Another way of looking at this is that on-page factors are all the actions you can perform on your website that help you to rank higher in Google. It is not dependent on other people’s actions and linking back to you etc. You have full control of the process.
Historical data suggests that on-page SEO factors forms about 20% of the equation that Google uses to rank websites on their search engine listings.
An interesting Caveat
Something that I have noticed in local business markets is that sometimes just working on the on-page factors can be enough to get websites on the first page of Google. This is indicative of the lack of optimised websites locally in many areas around the world – In other words this chapter represents a great opportunity for your business.
So what should you be focusing on?
Key on- page elements are:
- Adding your keywords in title tags – See Video 1
- Adding your keyword in each page’s meta description tag – See Video 1
- Naming your pictures with your keywords (ALT tags and file names) – See Video 2
- Having your keywords in the main body copy, both in the first paragraph and at the end of the copy if possible. Also aim to have at least 300 words at least per page. – See Video 1
- Keyword rich menu navigation links – See Video 1
- Creating an XML Sitemap (Discussed later in this course)
- Starting a blog (Discussed later in this course)
If you get the above done correctly after you have done your keyword research, you can be confident that you are well on the way to getting top rankings on Google. However when you need that little extra push, the next chapter on off-page optimisation becomes arguably your greatest weapon. You will find the link to the next chapter below.
So how about it, did I (KISS) keep it super simple? Let me know your questions and comments below.
Do you want the full audio/video learning experience and access to the Coach himself? Become a Member today.
Course Table of Contents:
Chapter 1: Market Research
Chapter 2: Optimising Your Website
Chapter 3: Off Page Optimisation
Chapter 4: Social Factors
Chapter 5: Measuring Google Local Success
Chapter 6: Getting a helping hand
BONUS Members Chapter (Contains Cheat Sheet)